As we build our candidate pipeline, we are keen to work with partners who have proven therapeutic candidates and are looking for a mechanism to effectively deliver these to the lower GI tract.
Building a team of experts:
We are building a team of expert scientists and business specialists to develop the company into a global healthcare leader specialising in diseases that can be impacted via the gut mucosa. We seek talented individuals who value hard work and share our vision.
As our novel biotherapeutics progress towards the clinic, we are keen to hear from interested candidates with pre-clinical development and clinical translation expertise. Expertise in the human microbiome, immunology, synthetic biology, and regulatory affairs are also desirable. In addition, we are interested in experts who can help shape and manage the drug development process in our commercial operations.
CHAIN is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. The company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you are interested in working for CHAIN, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Laboratory Manager to join our busy lab team. Reporting initially to the CEO, the role involves managing our lab operations including health and safety and acting as the key point of contact with the facility management.
- Manage relationships with supplier’s day-to-day laboratory activities, incl. ordering materials and consumables, equipment servicing and waste disposal
- Stock checks, accounting and budgeting for lab expenditure
- Manage, review and report on health and safety issues. Experience with anaerobic gases preferable
- Maintain our internal quality management systems including risk assessments and standard operating procedures
- The ideal candidate will also manage our microbial stocks cultures including quality control (bacterial identification, purity checks and biochemical characterisation)
The candidate should have:
- A track record managing relevant laboratory activities i.e., microbiology and molecular biology.
- Experience with quality management i.e., ISO accreditation and EC regulations
- Preferably, a higher degree (MSc or PhD) in Microbiology or a related discipline and experience in bacterial cell culture and characterisation
- Experience in website management and social media
We also have an exciting new opportunity for a Scientist to join our lab team working on microbial strain engineering and small-scale fermentation. The role involves microbial strain development and optimisation. More specifically, the role involves engineering therapeutic peptide and protein candidates into CHAIN’s bacterial chassis and testing for gene expression.
Key areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
Delivering engineering biology project goals. Key tasks include:
- Experimental planning within tight deadlines
- Candidate engineering & optimisation
- Presentation of data
- Interpretation of data
- Reporting progress to the team
The ideal candidate will
- Be an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual with a relevant microbiology/molecular biology degree (MSc or PhD).
- Have relevant academic or industrial research/experience engineering anaerobic bacteria. Experience with Clostridia bacteria is highly desirable.
- Possess a track record delivering engineering biology (synthetic biology) projects.
- Strong demonstrable experience in molecular biology (genetic manipulation, protein production).
- Experience in microbial cell culture, microscopy & image analysis, fermentation, and analysis of microbial products.
- Be team-oriented and openly communicative to all activities, while working independently and proactively where appropriate.
- Have a good understanding of the vaccine development process and/or the microbial interactions in the gut microbiome.
Both candidates must have strong and effective team and communication skills as well as flexibility in managing workloads across more than one activity.
To apply, please send your cover letter and curriculum vitae in one document to email@example.com.
Please note: To apply for this position, you must be eligible to work within the UK. Unfortunately, CHAIN Biotechnology Ltd cannot support visa applications.